Wednesday, August 19, 2015

We're not in Kansas anymore.

Actually, yes we are.
Well, I am.
Well, I will be.

As some of you know already, I'm heading off on an adventure a lot sooner than I originally planned. It's a pretty cool story because we have a pretty cool God.
I'll leave some details out because they don't all need to be shared with the Internet world, but the thing about God is that he always seems to make a way when there is no way.

Lately, things have not been good at work. I love my job and I LOVE my residents, but I know in my heart that it's time to move into a new season in my life. I told God that I really wanted to be a nanny, and I thought it would be cool to be a live-in nanny in another part of the country. I'd like to have more experience caring for children for a longer and more permanent amount of time, and I'd like to live in a new place for a while. I never mentioned this to anyone except God, and didn't even bother looking for a nanny job because I'm leaving for Madagascar at the end of October, and I "knew" no one would want a nanny for two months.
So my plan was to stick it out at my job until Madagascar and then go from there. My plan was not working. Because of the circumstances at work I have not had peace about staying there even for only two months, so I began to ask Jesus if he would still make a way for me to go to Madagascar if I quit my job. A few days later an opportunity came up that was so God. Again, sparing some details, I found out from someone (who had no idea what I've been going through and praying for) that an awesome family with a sweet little boy in the hospital needed someone to care for their 6 daughters for - you guessed it - two months. It all happened pretty fast but I have had so much peace and confirmation about the whole situation. I talked to my boss and he told me I was free to go whenever I needed to and that he didn't want to stand in the way of God's will for my life, and then he gave me a parfait. Pretty cool guy.
So Sunday is my last day of work, and then on Tuesday I'll fly to Kansas! I will be there for 2 months, home for 5 days, and then off to Madagascar. So you may not see me until December. I am so excited for this new adventure. I can't wait to meet the girls and get to know each other. I love them already. It's been a whirlwind couple days booking flights, saying goodbyes, and getting last minute stuff done, so I'm finally getting around to updating the blog. If you have any questions feel free to ask me directly, but I just wanted to share this exciting adventure with you all as I'm leaving in just 6 days! Crazy!

Nothing is impossible with God :) Sometimes he will put something on your heart months or even years before you see it come to pass, and sometimes he will quite literally pick you up from where you are and place you where he wants you to be. I have experienced both in my life. I think either way, the important thing is to always be ready to say yes to whatever, wherever, and whoever he places in front of you. Sometimes laying down your life and giving Him total control is hard, sometimes it's crazy, sometimes it hurts, but I've come to the point where I know so deep in my heart that it's the only way. When we just lay it all down at his feet, that's when he works miracles. That sweet place of surrender is where true freedom comes from. And I'm so thankful for that freedom.


So, see you soon Kansas!

Love always,
Gianna


  1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
    • Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
      How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
      Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Thanks for being willing to allow God to use you in all different situations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!! Thanks for being willing to allow God to use you in all different situations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you Gianna!! Yes, we will have to see you again come December (and next July :) Love ya!! xo dar

    ReplyDelete