Friday, January 9, 2015

11 Days Home

So, I'm home!

Well, I definitely have many homes now. Home is wherever Jesus tells me to go; I'm content to be anywhere as long as His presence goes with me, even if it's hard. Which it is, right now.

I feel like someone has picked me up out of my world and put me down on another planet, and I'm supposed to figure it out. Everything is different. Life happens so fast here. There is so much to do, so much to distract you, so much to fill your time with. Minutes mean so much more and things no one would have thought twice about are complaints here. Everything is clean but I miss that red dirt that stains the soles of your feet and the simplicity of life that stains your heart. It's confusing and surprising and after almost two weeks I'm still thinking to myself, "who am I, where am I, and where did my life go?"

I have a lot to process and I need a lot of time with Jesus trying to grasp the fact that 24 hours of airplanes and 11 hours of layovers suddenly and drastically changed my world. I have a similar feeling as when you wake up from an awesome dream - so close, but so far away, you're not sure if it was real and there's nothing you can do to get it back. (But it was definitely real.)
I'm sorry to those of you who have been wanting to hang out and we haven't yet - I'm trying to jump back into normal life, but I'm not sure what normal is anymore. Please give me some time, but I do love and want to see you all!

I've never felt anything like this before - so confused, so happy, so sad, so excited, so in love with Jesus, so missing my friends, so many things all at once.

I'll answer a few questions I've been asked lately, in case you're wondering:


  • How was your trip?

Amazing. Heartbreaking. Life changing. So fun. So eye opening. Wonderful. Beautiful. Crazy. Have I mentioned amazing?


  • What was your favorite part?

The relationships - with staff, students, family, friends, kids, mamas, Jesus, translators, people in villages - I loved meeting and forming relationships with people all over the world. I've made lifelong friends and learned so much from so many people, and it has changed my life forever.
(the miracles were awesome too!)


  • Are you going back?

To Africa? Definitely. (I mean, Lord willing of course!) To South Africa, Mozambique, or Madagascar? I don't know for sure, but I would sooooo love to go back someday.


  • What's next for you?

Well, I'm not sure. I'm still waiting on Jesus for that one, but I'll keep you posted :) I'm thinking to go to nursing school in September, and work until then. But I don't know for sure, and right now I'm still just trying to process and adjust. I have my whole life ahead of me to do whatever He wants, and I totally trust that he has it all figured out and I don't need to :)

Also, I just want to mention that MY NEW BABY SISTER IS THE BEST THING EVER. She is so cute and funny and I love her so much. I'm also trying to spend a lot of time with her because I want her to know that I'm family & here to stay, and not a friend who comes and goes. So being home with her is a top priority in my life right now. AH I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

Okay, well, I hope this made sense! Just wanted to give an update on what is going through my head right now and why I haven't been around much since I got home. I'll post more specifically about my time in Africa when I have a better grip on life :) But Jesus is so good and has everything under control! I love that we can cast ALL our cares on Him and He cares for us.

Love you all!
~Gianna


2 comments:

  1. Lol....if you get 2 posts from me cause I'm confused on how to use this comment page! Really excited for you and seeing how God is at work in your life! If your head ever stops spinning, I'm sure every one at Youth Alive would love to see you and hear more of God's story in your life :)

    ReplyDelete