Thursday, July 19, 2012

Haiti 2012!!!!!!


Hi everyone!! I'm typing this on super sketchy internet connection right now (the storm yesterday knocked out our internet for some reason) so I can't guarantee that this will work but we can only hope for the best :)

Well, most of you know my story up to this point. If not, I'll sum it up for you, or you can read
and
:)

Well, long story short, in August 2011, I was praying about missions and really felt in my heart that God wanted me to give all my babysitting money to Speed the Light for one year.
When He told me this, I realized that I couldn’t go to San Luis, Mexico in summer 2012. I was devastated and heartbroken, but at the same time had peace about it from day 1.
Over this past year, I reeeeally learned that God is faithful.
He is so faithful.

I got an email about a mission trip to Africa, and I was like, oh okay, this must be why God told me not to go to Mexico.
I also applied/was accepted for a trip to Cincinnati in September 2012.

When Africa fell through, God continued to give me peace. I knew he still had a plan, even though it seemed like nothing would work out.
I trusted and believed that God would work things out because, see, he always has.

Into this summer, as of yesterday actually, I kept praying and kept feeling God reassuring me that I WOULD go on a mission trip this summer. And at some point, I would be in an orphanage in another country somewhere.

Now, let me tell you, I’m basically broke. All my needs are met and God has provided more than enough (praise the Lord), but there was “no way” I could go on a mission trip this summer.
It was the middle of July and I had $13 in the bank.
There was “no way” I could “afford” to go anywhere now.

Well, on Tuesday, July 17th, I woke up really early in the morning super sick. And by Wednesday I was basically fine, but didn’t go to church because I didn’t want to over do it.
So my mom left to pick up my brother and sister from church.
But when she came back, it was just her and my brother.
I was like…. where’s Mia?
She told me worship ran late and Pastor Anthony was bringing her home.
I was like oh, okay.
Then she was like “help me clean in case they come in!”
Ummm, Mother, it’s the middle of the night, I’m sure they won’t come in.
Well, Mia came home… and Kandace… and Pastor Anthony J

***Note, if you are just skimming, this is the part where you really need to read*****

We were sitting at the table and Pastor Anthony said “Well, never fear, I brought you…. a note sheet from tonight.” and he gave me a note sheet,
then he gave me some incline cards, and then he said “And I have this for you.”
And handed me a shirt rolled up in a rubber band.
I was like…. what is it?
And he told me to open it, so I did, and the shirt said
Haiti 2012
I was like… what is this for!?!?
And he was like, Haiti!

First I thought they just had an extra tshirt.
And then he said “You’re gonna need it!”
And I was like for what!?
And he said “Haiti!”

And then I thought like… maybe I was supposed to wear it… while they were in Haiti… to pray for them..??

And then he started telling me how everyone was going to be wearing them in Haiti and I’ll stand out if I don’t have one.
And I was like. WAIT A MINUTE WHAT.

And he told me I’M GOING TO HAITI!!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!
A spot opened on the team, and I am going to Haiti.
Totally, 100% planned out by God, perfect, cost free and by no means of my own strength.
Matches up completely with everything I have prayed about and for and everything He has placed on my heart.
He made a way when there was no way!
Seriously ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!
I am still basically in total shock.

All I can say is…

God. is. so. good. And so faithful. And so perfect.
We leave for Haiti on Monday, July 23rd, and we’re coming back Tuesday, July 31st.
I’m going to Haiti in 4 days.

And my God. Is. Incredible.



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you get to go on your mission trip ! I can't say I am not jealous :) hehe. God is so amazingly great. Enjoy what you were meant to do, and I look forward to hearing all about it in your blog after. Peace, Love and Prayers ~ Aoife ♪

    ReplyDelete